We designed three special holiday editions of Sir Explore—our personalized experiences with our most creative friends—so you can make a new memory in Amsterdam, Berlin and Hamburg. To give you an idea of what you can expect, we asked hosts Tobi, Tina and Lukas for their favorite insider tips to the Christmas markets they love.
Sir Explore Host, Berlin
His Favorite Berlin Christmas Market:
Heissa Holzmarkt, open until 23 December.
His Three Tips:
- Take your kids to the playground in the Säälchen.
- Get a kaiserschmarrn (shredded pancake) right in the middle of the market.
- Sip a classic cup of glühwein (mulled wine).
TAKE A CHRISTMAS CULTURE TOUR OF BERLIN WITH TOBI:
For the holidays, the local expert updated his usual Sir Explore experience to give you a special holiday tour of Berlin. You can expect an awe-inspiring Christmas market, traditional glühwein (German mulled wine) and fascinating facts about the city's culture.
Sir Explore Host, Hamburg
Her Favorite Hamburg Christmas Market:
Weihnachtsmarkt Fleetinsel in the Gallery Quarter, open until 23 December. It’s small, quiet and surrounded by water.
Her Three Tips:
- Get a feuerzangenbowle (punch) or glühwein (mulled wine) at the market and a wienerschnitzel at Rialto.
- Visit the secondhand bookshop.
- Browse the galleries on Admiralitätsstrasse.
TAKE A WINTER ART STROLL IN HAMBURG WITH TINA:
For the holidays, the award-winning artist updated her usual Sir Explore experience to give you a special holiday art tour of Hamburg, where you can make your own masterpiece (and potential holiday gift) in her studio and experience the city's art scene firsthand.
Sir Explore Host, Amsterdam
His favorite Amsterdam Christmas market:
Het Amsterdamse Winterparadijs at RAI, open 21—30 December.
His three tips:
- Roast a marshmallow over the crackling fire while sipping hot chocolate.
- Eat a million oliebollen (Dutch Christmas dough balls).
- Have a snowball fight and ice skate with friends.
HOLIDAY SHOP HOP IN AMSTERDAM WITH LUKAS:
For the holidays, the local expert updated his usual Sir Explore experience to show you the best boutiques in Amsterdam. You can expect fascinating facts about the city and to get all your holiday shopping done with a pro.