We are looking for an outgoing and experienced hostess who is comfortable working in a fast-paced restaurant and lounge in downtown Barcelona. The hostess is responsible for welcoming clients to The Rooftop and wowing all of its guests, particularly first-timers, with outstanding customer service. In addition to greeting clients with a warm and friendly hello, the hostess will furthermore be responsible for taking and modifying reservations and ensuring that all special requests are carefully noted and communicated to staff. The hostess will be expected to have in-depth knowledge of food and drink menus and will be able to guide guests through the different specialties and dining options offered at The Rooftop. This position is service-oriented and requires strong communication and interpersonal skills, whether in person, via email or over the phone. Candidates must be comfortable being on their feet for long periods of time and be able to take on shifts as needed, including nights and weekends.
- Welcoming our valued guests (walk-ins and regulars) in a warm and friendly manner
- Providing excellent customer service in person, via email and over the phone
- Maintaining strong relationships with concierges all over Barcelona
- Assisting in the planning and execution of events
- Taking and making modifications to reservations
- Managing bookings, reservations, complaints and VIPS
- Maintaining a tidy and welcoming reception area
- Attending to guests requiring extra assistance (e.g. children, the elderly)
- Previous hostess experience in a high-end service environment
- Fluency (spoken and written) in English, Spanish & Catalan
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills in person, in writing or over the phone
- A flexible schedule. Candidates must be able to work shifts as needed, including nights and weekends
- The ability to take on the physical demands of a hostess role, such as standing and walking for several hours at a time.
CONTACT THE HR DEPARTMENT: +34 932 711 244